The total funding received for the academic year 2015 to 2016 is £8,900
Use of funding:
- To fund a specialist teacher of Physical Education to provide one hour of quality Physical Education for classes in Key Stage 2.
- To provide half an hour of lunchtime sport activity each week for pupils in KS1 and KS2
- To provide specialist a specialist PE session each week for all pupils in the Foundation Stage.
- to run the Inspire to Compete after –school club (open to pupils in KS1 and KS2)
Aims for 2015-16 :
- Raise pupil awareness of the importance of physical exercise and a healthy lifestyle.
- Increase participation in extra – curricular sports.
- Provide specialist teaching across the school.
- Continue to enable staff to learn from specialist teachers to develop their practice.
Impact of Sports Premium received 2014 – 2015 (£8,900)
- Increased numbers of pupils participating in after school sports clubs (90 pupils participate in sports clubs – Sept 2015).
- Inspire to Compete Club enables pupils to feel confident when they participate in inter – school tournaments.
- Participation in a larger number of tournaments, giving a greater number of pupils the opportunity to participate.
- Pupil enjoyment.