Play Place Childcare Services
Provision of childcare services from 3-6pm during term time.
Welcome to Play Place Childcare Services
Play Place are a well established, family run group of nurseries and after school clubs in and around Croydon and Kent.
As of October 2019 there are five nurseries and their after school clubs in the Play Place group. They are all individual with unique qualities, but have the same core values.
- The Children are at the heart of everything we do.
- All our staff are well trained and experienced and very enthusiastic
- All aspects of the Play Place curriculum are delivered to Ofsted standards
- Our fees represent very good value for money.
- We have lots and lots of fun, come visit us to see.
- We Promote a positive approach and an awareness of our communities. We use a workshop approach to learning and therefore promote creativity and learning through making choices.
- Our curriculum is designed to meet Ofsted standards – and our settings are rated as either ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’.
- Each child has their own keyworker who gets to know the child’s individual needs and works closely with the family.
- Enabling Environments
- Unique child
- Positive relationships
- Learning and development
In all our settings, we promote healthy eating and snacks. We also cater for special diets.
All the nurseries and after school clubs have a large selection of toys, equipment and resources – so children can play in a happy and safe enrivonment.
Each setting has written policies and procedures which are available for parents and carers to read, at all times.
Play Place at Hawkhurst
- The club is fun and busy.
- We have a strong staff team, who support each other.
- We have a good relationship with the Headteacher and staff at the school.
- Child/adult relationships are strong.
- There are solid partnerships with other agencies.
- There is a caring environment.
- Child-led play is the name of the game.
- We serve tea.
Opening Times : Term time – Monday to Friday 3:00pm to 6.00pm
Fees and Funding Structure
Fees are pay for place £6 Per Hour or £15 per session
Fees are invoiced at the beginning of each half term; these must be paid within the first 2 weeks of the term.
Funding is made available directly through the setting
These are available at the parent’s information point and on our website at www.placeplace.org and will be in line with the school terms.
Teatime and snacks
If your child brings refreshments for afterschool club please can these be labelled. Fruit such as grapes and bananas should be cut in half and into small pieces. We have a no nut policy, please be aware that some foods contain hidden nut ingredients. We are happy to discuss dietary needs and requirements
Car parking can become very busy particularly at the end of sessions. Please be mindful of this and ensure you leave enough time to allow the collection your child on time.
The early days at After School Club
Staff will be on hand to support children and there will be opporyunity for parents to meet their child’s keyworker and have time to share information. We will be there to help settle your child and meet them at their classrooms in the school or the agreed meeting point.
Children spend a considerable amount of time at school and it is important that some of that time is spent at play which is the key focus for the children at the after school club. Children are encouraged to be imaginative and creative in their play. Through our child lead activities and planning we encourage and enable opportunities for children to reason, make choices and be expressive. This supports children in their continuous learning through social opportunities which creates a fun and relaxed environment.
Items to provide
- Slippers/indoor shoes
- Change of clothing
- Seasonal – sun hats and lotions / Welly boot, coats and gloves
- Jacket/cardigan/fleece for daily use to ear for outdoor play.
Please ensure all shoes and clothing are labelled with your child’s name.
Everybody has a duty of care to maintain and uphold Play Place safeguarding and child protection policies. We are required by law to report any harm that happens to a child or adult.
We maintain confidentiality and can support and sign post families where further intervention may be required.
Place Place staff are Disclosure and Barring checked (DBS) this is renewed every 3 years.
We carry out risk assessments to maintain a safe environment.
Please read our policies and procedures on our website that give comprehensive guidance to our safe guarding and child protection procedures.