At Hawkhurst Church of England Primary School, we aim to provide a happy, dynamic and motivating environment, where appropriate and challenging learning opportunities are met with confidence and enthusiasm.
This will be achieved by providing:-
- a high quality of teaching and learning within a Christian ethos.
- opportunities for spiritual and moral growth and for developing an appreciation of the diversity of the human race and an understanding of the Christian faith.
- a commitment to encouraging the participation of parents, the Church and the local community in the education of our children and the life of our school.
- a stimulating, well-organised learning environment with good quality resources.
- consistently high expectations.
- a diverse and exciting curriculum accessible to all.
- teaching styles that take account of preferred learning styles and encourage independence.
- a safe environment where relationships are based on mutual respect, honesty and encouragement.
- a philosophy of continuous self-review and improvement in every aspect of school life
Hawkhurst Church of England Primary School is:-
- a place of excellence where children can achieve full potential in their academic, creative, personal, physical, moral and spiritual development;
- a caring place where children and adults feel they make a contribution and are valued as individuals;
- a place of Christian values where children learn respect for themselves and others;
- a partnership between children, parents, staff and governors and the community as a whole.
At Hawkhurst Church of England Primary School we strive to extend horizons by providing all pupils with the opportunity to extend and explore the spiritual, moral, intellectual, creative and personal possibilities within God’s World.
Related Information :
At Hawkhurst Church of England Primary School we are committed to ensuring equality of education and opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers, irrespective of race, gender, disability, faith or socio-economic background. We aim to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity in which all those connected to the school feel proud of their identity and able to participate fully in school life. We will ensure that all members of the school community will have the opportunity to improve their own understanding of race equality and understand their personal responsibility to promote race equality.
The achievement of all pupils will be monitored and Hawkhurst Church of England Primary School will use this data to support pupils, raise standards and ensure inclusive teaching. We will tackle discrimination by the positive promotion of equality, challenging bullying and stereotypes and creating an environment which champions respect for all. We believe that diversity is a strength, which should be respected and celebrated by all those who learn, teach and visit here.
Related Information :