Benenden, Colliers Green, Hawkhurst and Goudhurst Church of England Primary Schools.
The four schools listed above, known as “The Quad” are part of the Cranbrook and Paddock Wood School Partnership. In the academic year 2013-14 three of the four headteachers were new in post and the quad began to work closely together to support one another. Since then, the collaboration has expanded and developed across the four schools.
Aims and purpose
- Excellence – to share best practice across the schools and to offer support and advice to one another for the benefit of pupils.
- Partnership – to work closely together for the benefit of all schools whilst retaining the individual ethos of each school.
- Future Planning – to work together to meet the ever changing challenges of primary education in the best interest of the pupils we serve.
Collaboration across the quad will include :
- Bidding for funds for projects across the schools which benefit all pupils.
- Sharing Assessment systems and data across the four schools. *
- Organising moderation of work across key stages for all teaching staff.
- Sharing training where appropriate – including with governing bodies.
- Termly Headteacher meetings where an action plan will be executed and evaluated.
- Sharing best practice and resources.
* Principles of Assessment
A statement jointly agreed by the teaching staff of the four schools.
Assessment celebrates the development of the whole child – social, emotional, creative, physical and academic.
- Assessment includes a range of techniques including informal teacher assessment, marking for improvement, self and peer assessment and formal testing.
Assessment outcomes provide meaningful and understandable information for pupils, parents, teachers, school leaders, governors and outside agencies
Assessment is at the heart of teaching and learning
Analysis of assessment information will be used to improve the quality of teaching and learning
Assessment will be accurate, fair, consistent, reliable, free from bias and understood by all
Assessment will draw on a wide range of evidence to provide a complete picture of pupil achievement over time
Assessment will be used to set high expectations for all pupils to celebrate achievement and to inform next steps for pupils, teachers and parents
Assessment informs teacher planning and gives next steps for children’s learning
Reliability of assessment will be achieved and evidenced through rigorous moderation with our local quad schools